Opportunities with Trenans
Please see our list of opportunities below.
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified or part-qualified Practice Accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA or other internationally recognised qualification). Working in a friendly practice environment, you will have responsibility for a portfolio of clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
This role would suit an ambitious individual with a background in practice who has life ambition – wanting to succeed both within and outside of work.We operate a 35 hour week, but are willing to negotiate over hours for this role at anything from 20 hours per week up to the full 35.
We are a small but growing firm based at Howbery Park near Wallingford, serving businesses and individuals in the local area. We have an extremely high client retention rate and receive new customers through word of mouth rather than advertising. This role has substantial development potential for somebody with the desire and commitment to succeed, the role will grow along with the business.
You’ll need to have a minimum 2 years previous experience of working in a UK firm of accountants. The ability to take the initiative, spot opportunities, solve problems and a desire to learn are key.
As a Practice Accountant you will work with the Practice Manager and oversee all client requirements, taking responsibility for supervising work from other members of the team.
Salary: £35,000 /year
- Extensive and practical knowledge of financial reconciliations, processes and controls, management accounts production, budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to multitask and prioritisation skills
- Practical bookkeeping experience
- Payroll and PAYE procedures
- Produce VAT returns and have practical knowledge of VAT rules
- Processing journals, accounting adjustments and year-end adjustments
- Prepare accounts from start to finish without assistance for a variety of small to medium size businesses and individuals
- Experience in preparing Corporate and personal Tax returns will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills – in person and written
- High level of attention to detail
- Management of client accounts
- Handling day-to-day enquiries
- Liaise with clients and discuss their queries
- Support staff with technical questions
- Ability/desire to manage staff
- Able to travel to client sites in local area
- Accounting – 3 years (required)
- Disciplined, reliable and trustworthy
- Highly organised
- Enjoy meeting clients and helping them to achieve their aspirations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
In addition to the salary, the role benefits from the following:
- 28 days holiday per year
- Training and exam funding (including additional time off for exams)
- Flexible start and end time within a 35 hour working week
- Supportive and friendly team
- Annual bonus scheme
- Team social events
- Free parking
- Based in the beautiful grounds of Howbery Park
- Open culture giving you access & contribution to the plans of the business
- ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – Or Similar) – Can be part qualified if taking finals or willing to take finals.
- Part-time to full time, hours negotiable but a minimum of 20 hours per week required
apply for this position
Please complete the form below and upload your CV to apply for this position.
We are based in Crowmarsh, but are happy to make home/workplace visits in the local area. If you wish to visit us at Howbery Park there is free parking, a restaurant and beautiful grounds if you fancy a stroll!